Re: BUG #2442: Problemas accessing DB in a multithread pross

From: "Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2442: Problemas accessing DB in a multithread pross
Date: 2006-05-18 01:57:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

""Carmen"" <carmenlucia(at)globo(dot)com> wrote

> I have a Windows system accesing a FreeBSD PostGres 8.0.
> I have a multihread process in Windows using a PostGres 8.0 FreeBSD. Each
> thread of this process has a TCP communicaction with a remote client and
it
> updates a common BD of the global process.
> TEach time two threads access a SQL API at the axact sametiem, the
> process(not just the thread) is aborted. I resolved this problem defining
> critical section for each API SQL acess, but it has been causing a great
> delay in my realtime program.

What SQL API exactly? I once rewrite Pgbench (the TPCB benchmark) as a
multi-threaded version in Windows, there is no obvious problem (the patch
can be found in pg-patches). Just to make sure that each thread use a
different connection.

Regards,
Qingqing