Re: Need help on updating an entire column with a list of values, I have.

From: Szymon Guz <mabewlun(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Rajan, Pavithra" <RAJANP(at)coned(dot)com>, Timo Klecker <klecker(at)decoit(dot)de>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need help on updating an entire column with a list of values, I have.
Date: 2010-03-26 14:35:30
Lists: pgsql-general

W dniu 26 marca 2010 15:21 użytkownik Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com
> napisał:

> create temporary table, insert your data, and than run update with join
> against the table you wish to modify. And than drop your temp table.
> simple.

It would be a nice solution, assuming that we know anything about the
correlation between the new values list and the B column values. In fact we
have some values in a random order in the database and a list of values that
isn't correlated with the database values.

regards
Szymon