pglogical extension. - 2 node master <-> master logical replication ?

From: "Day, David" <david(dot)day(at)redcom(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pglogical extension. - 2 node master <-> master logical replication ?
Date: 2019-07-02 17:54:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Anyone with a test scripts or link to an example of bi-directional master using pglogical. ?
I am led to believe from the documentation that this should be possible. (?)
"Limited multi-master support with conflict resolution exists, but mutual replication connections must be added individually"
Which is left unexplained.
.
Environment: FreeBSD11.3, Postgres 11.2, pglogical 2.2.1
Pglogical installed on both hosts.
pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf options adjusted per recommendations.

Using pglogical I have set up a one way replication between hosts for a table successfully, but cannot succeed in the admin of the reverse subscription.

On attempting the reverse subscription from host1 to host2

select pglogical.create_subscription('alabama_sub',
'host=alabama port=5432 dbname=ace_db user=replicator',
'{connections}', false, false, '{}' )

could not connect to the postgresql server: FATAL: role "pgsql" does not exist
DETAIL: dsn was: host=georgia port=5432 dbname=ace_db

--
Wrong dsn and role ?
The postgres installed superuser role is not pgsql.