Re: NoSQL -vs- SQL

From: ghatpande(at)vsnl(dot)net
To: Satoshi Nagayasu <satoshi(dot)nagayasu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: NoSQL -vs- SQL
Date: 2010-10-13 10:12:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I liked the article.
A few years ago, I heard that Michael Stonebraker said "There is no new (theoretical) invention around the database technology.The key is integration of existing technologies". Everyone feels that RDBMS has reached saturation level and no further developemnt is possible. I do not agree with this.

I feel strongly that integration of existing technologies is possible. Inventions in RDBMS technology is possible. RDBMS should become INTELLIGENT.
CAP: Consistancy, Availability and Partition Tolerance should be achieved same time.

I have concepts in mind and need to work on the same and looking for sponcer.

Regards,
Vijay Ghatpande