Re: Proposal: First step towards Intelligent, integrated database

From: ghatpande(at)vsnl(dot)net
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Jim Nasby <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Dann Corbit <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>, pgsql hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal: First step towards Intelligent, integrated database
Date: 2010-12-02 05:18:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The aim of HTSQL is only to avoid joins.
Need to setup HTSQL server. On startup introspects table relationships. Relationships are edges in a graph model. Processor translates graph requests into SQL.
Some limitations: No custom commands, primitive formatters. Query results are not streaming. No way to override catalog configuration.

My proposal has no limitations. Its primary aim is to make database intelligent. Avoiding joins is one of the aim and not the only aim. I am sure that the ultimate output of my proposal is NEXT GENERATION DATABASE. It will change database and ERP world.

regards,
Vijay.
Experience the excellence....