Re: installation automation

From: "Greg Caulton" <caultonpos(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: installation automation
Date: 2007-10-17 12:26:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

So I tested the theory - PGAdmin III ran and I could start and connect
to the database and run the app successfully until saving data - the
sequences seemed out of wack so overall that would be failure.

Linux is sooo easy. Windows is sooo hard to eliminate user
interaction in creating the services. I guess I can go back to using
a zero admin database though I hit limitations with HSQL, perhaps
JavaDB will take me further but I doubt it...

I did run the database connection over the internet, works of course
though slow, caching can offset that so I guess we shall see.

Does Enterprise DB have a zero interaction solution I could perhaps
buy with a small amount of money... Certainly the silent installer on
the PostgreSQL was not silent for me unless I am missing something
(quite possibly).

Greg