Re: changing null-values' sort order

From: Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: changing null-values' sort order
Date: 2005-11-20 09:01:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

unfortunately, standard 'nulls first/last' isn't supported yet.
to change behaviour you should use following statement:
select v_date, v_userid from votes order by v_date is not null desc, v_date desc

or, something like this:
select v_date, v_userid from votes order by coalesce(v_date, XXX) desc
where XXX is substituted by the date value that is smaller than any
other used in your table

--
Best regards,
Nikolay