Re: Re: Warning: database postgres must be vacuumed within 1000000 transactions

From: tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz
To: "asti1987" <asti1987(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Warning: database postgres must be vacuumed within 1000000 transactions
Date: 2011-01-04 17:53:46
Lists: pgsql-general

> 8.1.23
> Im typing ¨vacuum¨ since yesterday in the backend and stop the vacuuming
> each 30 minutes, and I try again typing vacuum, but im by the number
> 890271/1000000 and its too slow!, i dont know what else to do to make it
> faster.

Why are you stopping it each 30 minutes? And the fact that something runs
for a long time does not mean it's slow ... the vacuum is usually
configured to sleep from to time, not to case problems to the other
processes. Is it causing a lot of I/O? If not, try to tune the parameters
I've already mentioned in the previous e-mail.

Tomas