Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Build with Visual Studio & MSVC

From: "William ZHANG" <uniware(at)zedware(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Build with Visual Studio & MSVC
Date: 2006-05-05 15:37:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

`vcproject` is based on pgsql-8.0.3. It's purpose is to make pgsql built
with MSVC++.
But I found there are few people intrested on it, so I stopped maintaining
it months
ago. `vcproject` still need MSYS/MinGW, the basic idea behind it is:

1) Let we do configure, make, make install in MinGW first.
This step can make sure our source code is OK under MinGW, building with
GNU toolchain.
2) My major work is maintaining MSVC++'s special project files, including
*.dsp and *.dsw.
I have also do some minor changes to the source files, you can diff with
pgsql-8.0.3.
3) Finally, I can build the while system with MSVC++'s IDE or command line
MSVC.exe.

See README for details. The link is:
http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/vcproject/vcproject/README?rev=1
.8&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

`vcproject` is not perfect, but it works for me. And I think it can work
with pgsql-8.1.

Sorry for the late response.

Regards,
William ZHANG