Re: Confusion over Python drivers

From: "Massa, Harald Armin" <chef(at)ghum(dot)de>
To: Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Confusion over Python drivers
Date: 2010-02-07 11:27:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Marko,

> I thought the topic was "Confusion over Python drivers"?
>
> The only bug there was likely app one, or at least its not widespread
> so off-topic. Rest are more like non-essential cool features,
> so again off-topic.

Those lack of "non-essential cool features" is right on topic - because
what one developer may see as "non-essential" is the most important feature
for the next developer.

Exactly these kind of issues are the source of the confusion we now phase:
developer B needing feature X, which was ignored by driver A.

So I concur to put them on the discussion agenda; if they drop out of
priority, at least it is documented WHY and will save other developers these
thoughts.

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa