Re: Fix comment in ATExecValidateConstraint

From: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fix comment in ATExecValidateConstraint
Date: 2016-08-18 09:15:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2016/07/25 17:18, Amit Langote wrote:
> The comment seems to have been copied from ATExecAddColumn, which says:
>
> /*
> * If we are told not to recurse, there had better not be any
> - * child tables; else the addition would put them out of step.
>
> For ATExecValidateConstraint, it should say something like:
>
> + * child tables; else validating the constraint would put them
> + * out of step.
>
> Attached patch fixes it.

I noticed that the ALTER TABLE documentation doesn't mention that VALIDATE
CONSTRAINT will fail if ONLY is specified and there are descendant tables.
It only mentions that a constraint cannot be renamed unless also renamed
in the descendant tables.

Attached patch fixes that.

Thanks,
Amit

Attachment Content-Type Size
alter-table-only-doc.patch text/x-diff 885 bytes