Re: Can db user change own password?

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Toomas <toomas(dot)kristin(at)gmail(dot)com>, Vijaykumar Jain <vijaykumarjain(dot)github(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can db user change own password?
Date: 2021-10-21 16:13:47
Lists: pgsql-general

On 10/21/21 08:39, Toomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Basically the case was, when *session_user != current_user* then command
> \password failed with error message “ERROR:  permission denied”. All was
> good when session_user == current_user.
>
> In terms of statement “session_user user was set as the owner of the
> database automatically” - I have a setup where session_user is changed
> automatically as database owner when user logs into database.

What I am looking for is a step by step outline that approximates:

1) psql -U <some_user>

2) The command(s) that set session_user as database owner.

3) The command(s) that make session_user != current_user.

4) Output of:
select session_user, current_user;

5) The output of \du for the users involved

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com