Re: Parallel CREATE INDEX for BRIN indexes

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Parallel CREATE INDEX for BRIN indexes
Date: 2024-04-14 17:09:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've pushed this, including backpatching the two fixes. I've reduced the
amount of data needed by the test, and made sure it works on 32-bits too
(I was a bit worried it might be sensitive to that, but that seems not
to be the case).

There's still the question of maybe removing the differences between the
BTREE and BRIN code for parallel builds, I mentioned in [1]. That's more
of a cosmetic issue, but I'll add it as an open item for myself.

regards

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/3733d042-71e1-6ae6-5fac-00c12db62db6%40enterprisedb.com

--