Understanding PGInterval

From: "r(dot)trommer(at)open-factory(dot)org" <r(dot)trommer(at)googlemail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Understanding PGInterval
Date: 2009-03-21 23:06:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello List,

i try to understand how i can use the PGInterval Object. I have to
solve a little issue in Java. I have created a SQL-statement which
give me a resultset like this:

id | duration
1 | 01:49:00
2 | 00:30:00

The datetypes id = int and duration = PGInterval. I would like to sum
the both duration values in Java. I can´t use a SQL sum because i need
the results later to report some details.

I use postgresql-8.1-404.jdbc2.jar

Thank you in advance

Ronny