Can multiple users own and maintain a database?

From: "Peter M(dot) Van Buren" <petervanburen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can multiple users own and maintain a database?
Date: 2009-03-10 19:50:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I have a group of users who are running a maintenance-intensive database.
This database needs to be vacuumed and dumped as often as every couple of
hours. The database owner has asked me to make multiple users all be
co-owners of the database. He wants all of these users to be able to vacuum
and dump the database when needed. The database owner does not want to have
a db_owner account or a db_owner role - he'd like all of the users to be
able to sign in as themselves and perform maintenance.

I'm having a hard time figuring out if PostgreSQL can do what he wants.
Does anybody have experience creating a database with multiple owners like
this?

Thanks for your help!

~ Peter