upgrading to postgresql 8

From: guegue <guegue(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: upgrading to postgresql 8
Date: 2005-01-28 21:28:25
Lists: pgsql-general

when i upgraded from 7.4 to 8 many of my functions no loger worked,
they all had something in common:
DECLARE
produto RECORD;
BEGIN
FOR producto IN SELECT producto FROM p LOOP

the error reported was: record "producto" is not assigned yet

i finally realized that name of the variable can no longer be the same
as the name of a column in the select statement.

i guess i will just have to re-write all my functions or is there way
around this?

javier