Re: speed up a logical replica setup

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Euler Taveira <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: speed up a logical replica setup
Date: 2022-03-18 22:34:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 3/15/22 09:51, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 21.02.22 13:09, Euler Taveira wrote:
>> A new tool called pg_subscriber does this conversion and is tightly
>> integrated
>> with Postgres.
>
> Are we comfortable with the name pg_subscriber?  It seems too general.
> Are we planning other subscriber-related operations in the future?  If
> so, we should at least make this one use a --create option or
> something like that.

Not really sold on the name (and I didn't much like the name
pglogical_create_subscriber either, although it's a cool facility and
I'm happy to see us adopting something like it).

ISTM we should have a name that conveys that we are *converting* a
replica or equivalent to a subscriber.

cheers

andrew

--