Data Warehousing

From: "Rob Kirkbride" <rob(dot)kirkbride(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Data Warehousing
Date: 2007-09-03 07:38:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I've got a postgres database collected logged data. This data I have to keep
for at least 3 years. The data in the first instance is being recorded in a
postgres cluster. This then needs to be moved a reports database server for
analysis. Therefore I'd like a job to dump data on the cluster say every
hour and record this is in the reports database. The clustered database
could be purged of say data more than a week old.

So basically I need a dump/restore that only appends new data to the reports
server database.

I've googled but can't find anything, can anyone help?

Thanks

Rob