shutdown postgres under windows

From: "Thomas Wabner" <twabner(at)imn(dot)htwk-leipzig(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: shutdown postgres under windows
Date: 2004-07-14 13:27:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I have written a windows tray application which starts postgres under windows.

Now I want to shutdown postgres, when windows shutdowns my tray-application. In this case I cannot use the pg_ctl or other programs. If windows is in shutdown mode, it does not allow to start a new program (like pg_ctl) to shutdown postgres.
Sending a kill signal does not work under windows.

Can I shutdown postgres via a command per TCP/IP or direct with a sql-builtin command? The postgres docu describes only the shutdown functions via pg_ctl.

Thanks a lot for any hints,

Regards,
Thomas Wabner

-------- SIgnature --------