Re: How to release locks

From: "Andrus" <eetasoft(at)online(dot)ee>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to release locks
Date: 2006-03-22 13:24:46
Lists: pgsql-general

>> It is not because of the locks. There is only running transaction (and it
>> got every locks). Not sure why the backend stucks there, seems it doesn't
>> aware of the broken client. In normal situations, if you killed a client,
>> then the server will print something like "could not receive data from
>> client" then exit the backend.

I tried to kill the process using pgAdmin Status page Cancel button.
pgAdmin responds:

A cancel signal was sent to the selected server process(es).

However, process continues running.

So it seems that child process does not respond to cancel signal from main
process.

I can reproduce this only in production database. I in test database it
works OK.

Andrus.