Re: schema rename sequence issue

From: Sim Zacks <sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: schema rename sequence issue
Date: 2006-01-30 14:51:21
Lists: pgsql-general

It seems to be an in-memory issue or something like that.
5 hours later it gave me another error implying that it was reading the
pg_attrdef table.
Apparantly the first number in the byte string is the number of
characters in the string, and since my new schema is 1 character shorter
then the old one, it is croaking.
So I changed it in one case to see if it would make a difference and I
got the exact same error. Which implies, that this table is read into
memory and reread at intervals. So now I'll wait till tomorrow to see if
the fix I did works and then I'll be able to determine if that fix is it
or not.