Materialized Views

From: Michael Riess <mlriess(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Materialized Views
Date: 2006-01-16 14:36:53
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

I've been reading an interesting article which compared different
database systems, focusing on materialized views. I was wondering how
the postgresql developers feel about this feature ... is it planned to
implement materialized views any time soon? They would greatly improve
both performance and readability (and thus maintainability) of my code.

In particular I'm interested in a view which materializes whenever
queried, and is invalidated as soon as underlying data is changed.

Mike