Re: Toolkit for creating editable grid

From: "Andrus" <eetasoft(at)online(dot)ee>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Toolkit for creating editable grid
Date: 2005-12-16 19:52:07
Lists: pgsql-general

> Has anyone used OpenOffice Base? Just a thought. Or Rekall - it's a bit
> immature, but it might do what you want. The dreaded MS Access
> can do what you describe in about 4 minutes...

Postgres lacks easy GUI frontend with report generation capabilities like
Access.

To fix this pgAdmin should be implemented in OpenOffice. This will create a
very good Postgres management tool for both administrators and end users.
This reduces the development cost since ready-made OpenOffice components can
be used.

>>>"GUI-Applikation in PHP"
>>
>>To improve imagination you can download Agata Report from
>>http://www.agata.org.br/us/index.php
>>
>>This is is GUI application written in PHP which allows to create reports
>>from Postgres database.
>>
> You might also want to look at PHP-Lens, which has a simple form-builder.

I looked their web site. They have the following suggestion in
http://phplens.com/lens/product/ :
... , you will need to ALTER TABLE phplens MODIFY id CHAR(40).

MODIFY clause causes error in Postgres. Does this mean that they do'nt
bother about Postgres compatibility at all ?

Andrus