Re: Problem: libpq, network traffic, memory usage

From: Alexander Scholz <alexander(dot)scholz1(at)freenet(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem: libpq, network traffic, memory usage
Date: 2005-12-07 17:36:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Scott,

> try
>
> declare cursor xyz as select ...
> fetch 100;
>
> and see how that works.

sorry for probably asking such a stupid question, but we are using a
PQexec(). Where should I specify that cursor declaration?

BTW: When executing

BEGIN WORK;
DECLARE "test" CURSOR FOR SELECT * FROM "TEST";
FETCH FORWARD 100 from "test";
CLOSE "test";
COMMIT WORK;

in pgAdmin III, then no data is being displayed and the following
message (just a rough translation, I have a German frontend) is being
displayed in the message log: "Query result with 100 rows has been
supressed. Query successfully completed after 50ms. No rows returned."

How do I get the values?

Another question: Does the ODBC oder OLEDB driver being provided for
Postgres already support this? Then we might switch from libpq over to
ODBC or OLEDB.

Thanx in advance,

Alexander