Re: Data showing up as #Deleted in Access

From: "Andrus" <eetasoft(at)online(dot)ee>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Data showing up as #Deleted in Access
Date: 2005-12-02 11:24:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces pgsql-odbc

Ludek,

> Hmmm. I get idea right now. I'll try it againist MySQL. It's ODBC is
> open source so I can learn from it ...
> Please could you change your example to support MySQL ODBC?
> Maybe (or maybe not) it helps.

If you change the connection string in testsql.prg and remove WITHOUT OIDS
clauses in CREATE TABLE commands I think this sample must work with other
odbc drivers also.

Also, I do'nt know will mysql support CREATE temp TABLE clause. If it does
not temp can be removed also. So the TEXT command in testsql.prg may be

TEXT TO csql TEXTMERGE noshow
CREATE TABLE klient (
kood char(12),
nimi char(70),
info text);
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX klient_nimi_unique_idx ON klient(nimi);
CREATE temp TABLE dok( doktyyp char(1) );
insert into klient (kood,nimi) values ('AKU', 'Akuexpert O');
endtext

also the line in former testsql.prg

insert into testk (kood,nimi,info) values ('AKU', 'Akuexpert O','')

should me changed to
insert into testk (kood,nimi,info) values ('AKU', 'Akuexpert O','')

to avoid possible issues with character. After making changes main.exe
compiles and runs testsql.prg automatically.

I do'nt have mysql server access. Please re-confirm if you need that I must
verify this code in mysql. In this
case I must install mysql in my development computer. Or maybe there is some
mysql test server accessible over internet?

> So please be patient I'm doing everything I can

Thank you. I have one unchecked thought. If null instead of empty string is
passed as value to text type column, maybe the error does not occur.

Andrus.