Re: getIndexInfo() not returning operator classes

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: getIndexInfo() not returning operator classes
Date: 2005-11-10 19:06:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Kris Jurka wrote on 10.11.2005 19:39:
> Are you sure you want to be using getIndexInfo for this instead of
> something more pg specific like the pg_get_indexdef function?
>
> I personally don't think adding opclass to the column_name is a good
> idea, but you're welcome to try and sway me with a convincing argument
> or popular support.

The reason I'm asking: I'm maintaining a JDBC based SQL client which is
also displaying index information (including the SQL to re-create them)

Currently the information returned by the driver is not enough to fully
re-create those index definitions.

So I'll have to maintain Postgres specific code for this, which is not a
big deal (for displaying the DDL I now use pg_indexes which contains the
correct SQL)

It surely isn't a big thing, and probably doesn't affect 99% of the
users, but still I thought I bring this topic up.

Thanks for your time.
Thomas