Re: Restoring Database created on windows on FreeBSD

From: Hannes Dorbath <light(at)theendofthetunnel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Restoring Database created on windows on FreeBSD
Date: 2005-10-19 07:56:04
Lists: pgsql-general

On 19.10.2005 08:23, postgresql(at)bryden(dot)co(dot)za wrote:
> I excluded
> /cube and /mysql from the MakeFile (cube seemed to be failing and why
> would I want mysql stuff on PostgreSQL?). I then did a gmake install. All
> contribs seemed to install fine. I reran the restore on a clean DB and
> most of the errors went away, but I am still getting errors all related to
> system functions looking for '$libdir/admin'.
>
> Does anyone know what I could have missed here?

You executed the belonging SQL scripts for the contrib stuff?

Anyway, I'd strongly recommend to only install contrib stuff you
actually plan to use and not clutter up your installation with all and
everything..

Chose the stuff you need, gmake install it, execute the belonging SQL
against template1 and preferable use the custom binary dump format, as
it is much more flexible on restore..

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath