No SydPUG meeting for Tuesday, May 6

From: "Charles Duffy" <charles(dot)duffy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: sydpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: No SydPUG meeting for Tuesday, May 6
Date: 2008-05-05 08:02:23
Lists: sydpug

Hi everyone,

Due to a lot of other commitments, I haven't had the time to put together a
complete presentation for SydPUG, so there will be no meeting on for
tomorrow night.

There will be a SydPUG meeting next month. I can tentatively say that
the topic will be
an introduction to the Londiste replication system, part of Skype's
Skytools package (see
https://developer.skype.com/SkypeGarage/DbProjects/SkyTools). I will
be going over
basic configuration, giving a small demonstration and I'll also make
some comparisons
with other replication systems like Slony. Some background on the
other Skytools components will
also be included.

Thanks,

Charles Duffy