Re: Parse more than bind and execute when connect to database by jdbc

From: wangshuo(at)highgo(dot)com(dot)cn
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Parse more than bind and execute when connect to database by jdbc
Date: 2013-11-18 05:22:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2013-11-18 11:39, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 7:32 AM, <wangshuo(at)highgo(dot)com(dot)cn> wrote:
>> Hi hackers,
>>
>> I used jdbc to connect to PostgreSQL ,and I found parse
>> nearly three
>> times of bind and execute.Is is normaly?
> Actually bind and execute should be more than parse. Have you
> confirmed that by enabling Log/Debug messages on server or you are
> referring to JDBC log?

Thanks for your reply.

This is the Log/Debug messages.
Some configuration options are as follows:

log_min_duration_statement = 0'
log_statement = 'all'
log_line_prefix = '%t [%p]: [%l-1] db=%d,user=%u [%x]'
logging_collector = on

>> What factors may cause this result?
> I am really not sure of JDBC, but from Libpq or general concept wise,
> it can happen only if someone does call parse multiple times, but
> then
> execute only few of the statements.

I do agree with you. But I don't know what query can call parse
multiple times.
Could you give me more information or example about this case?

Wang Shuo
HighGo Software Co.,Ltd.
November 18, 2013