Re: PL/PgSQL, Inheritance, Locks, and Deadlocks

From: Thomas F(dot)O'Connell <tfo(at)sitening(dot)com>
To: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/PgSQL, Inheritance, Locks, and Deadlocks
Date: 2005-02-02 06:37:22
Lists: pgsql-general

The linking table is a pure linking table. It has a user_id and a
group_id, each a foreign key. The user_id ties to the appropriate
subclass user table. The group_id ties to the groups table, which is
not part of an inheritance hierarchy. A multicolumn primary key covers
both foreign keys in the linking table, and the secondary column of the
key also has its own index.

I'm more concerned with the locking, which is thoroughly unexpected
behavior to me.

-tfo

--
Thomas F. O'Connell