Re: JSONPATH documentation

From: Liudmila Mantrova <l(dot)mantrova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JSONPATH documentation
Date: 2019-09-25 14:46:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 2019-09-23 00:03, Tom Lane wrote:
>> While we're whining about this, I find it very off-putting that
>> the jsonpath stuff was inserted in the JSON functions section
>> ahead of the actual JSON functions. I think it should have
>> gone after them, because it feels like a barely-related interjection
>> as it stands. Maybe there's even a case that it should be
>> its own <sect1>, after the "functions-json" section.
> I'd just switch the sect2's around.

As more SQL/JSON functionality gets added, I believe a separate sect1 is
likely to be more justified. However, for v12 I'd vote for moving sect2
down. The patch is attached, it also fixes the ambiguous sentence that
has raised questions in this thread.

--
Liudmila Mantrova
Technical writer at Postgres Professional: http://www.postgrespro.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
move-jsonpath.patch text/x-patch 133.1 KB