Re: BUG #5008: Server Startup Problem - When server is configured for SSL

From: Jalaj Negi <jalajsinghnegi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5008: Server Startup Problem - When server is configured for SSL
Date: 2009-08-27 15:24:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,
I tried by setting the requirement for certificates only on non-localhost
addresses. It works perfectly fine in that case.
Whats the solution in case of requesting client certificates on localhost
connection?

One temporary solution I found for above question is to set PGSSLCERT,
PGSSLKEY, PGSSLROOTCERT, PGSSLCRL
as system environment variables and let them point to valid client
certificate, key, root certificate and crl. Then I rebooted
my windows machine and database server started perfectly fine.
Is this solution fine or some fix is needed in code?

regards,
jalaj negi

Magnus Hagander to me, pgsql-bugs
show details Aug 26 (1 day ago)

I think this indicates that pg_ctl is trying to connect to the
database just to see if it's running, but you have set it to require
SSL certificate on connections from localhost. Could that be so? If
so, try setting the requirement for certificates only on non-localhost
addresses and see if it starts up properly in that case.