Re: Additional Chapter for Tutorial

From: Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Additional Chapter for Tutorial
Date: 2020-07-21 11:51:07
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

On 18.07.20 19:17, Erik Rijkers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I went through the architecture.sgml file once, and accumulated the
> attached edits.
>
> There are still far too many Unneeded Capitals On Words for my taste
> but I have not changed many of those. We could use some more opinions
> on that, I suppose. (if it becomes too silent maybe include the
> pgsql-hackers again?)
>
> Thanks,
>

> Erik Rijkers

The attached patch contains:

- integration of Erik's suggestions

- coordination of terms in text, graphic and glossary

- some changes in upper-case usage

- fewer usage of <firstterm> with two exceptions: The first chapter 4.1
emphasize all important terms to help beginners in their learning
process; chapter 4.5. emphasize the term 'autovacuum' to straighten the
fact that - despite its similarities - the tool autovacuum is something
else than the SQL command vacuum.

--

Jürgen Purtz

Attachment Content-Type Size
0007-architecture.patch text/x-patch 225.5 KB