Re: [HACKERS] proposal: schema variables

From: Pavel Luzanov <p(dot)luzanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pavel Golub <pavel(at)gf(dot)microolap(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] proposal: schema variables
Date: 2018-03-12 06:49:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I plan to make usability and feature test review in several days.

Is there any chances that it will work on replicas?
Such possibility is very helpful in generating reports.
Now, LET command produces an error:

ERROR:  cannot execute LET in a read-only transaction

But if we say that variables are non-transactional ?

-----
Pavel Luzanov
The Russian Postgres Company