Re: Missing pg_clog files

From: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Walter, Carol Williams" <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
Cc: "Tena Sakai" <tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Missing pg_clog files
Date: 2008-09-24 03:05:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 7:59 PM, Walter, Carol Williams
<walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu> wrote:
> Hi, Tena,
>
> I actually downloaded 8.3.3 last week. The upgrade has been in the plan. I
> didn't realize the latest was 8.3.4. I am concerned though. We have so many
> dependencies that they never go smoothly.

The real priority is getting the latest bug fix release of 8.2
installed. that only takes a few minutes and is quite easy, just
update the package for pgsql.

Going to 8.3 requires dump restore and testing your app for
compatibility, something you don't have to do going to 8.2.10 or
whatever version is the latest 8.2 release.