Re: could not open file "pg_subtrans/0014": Invalid argument

From: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Warren Bell" <warren(at)clarksnutrition(dot)com>
Cc: "Postgres General List" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: could not open file "pg_subtrans/0014": Invalid argument
Date: 2008-09-16 00:54:21
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Warren Bell <warren(at)clarksnutrition(dot)com> wrote:
> I have gotten this error before and it was attributed to my anti virus
> program. I am running Postgres 8.1 on Windows XP. I am using Nod32 as my
> anti virus program. I have tried adjusting Nod so it does not scan Postgres
> and I am still getting the error.
>
> Long story short, Can someone recommend me an anti virus program for Windows
> that does not interfere with Postgres?

Can't you tell your anti-virus software to stop looking certain directories?

More importantly, at least as far as servers are concerned, why would
you need anti-virus software? Shouldn't the server be isolated in
such a way that only the pgslq port 5432 is accessible by anything
other than an admin?