Re: Timezones in 8.2.7

From: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Joseph S" <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Timezones in 8.2.7
Date: 2008-03-26 16:50:24
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Joseph S <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net> writes:
> > Was there something wrong with the tzdata distributed in 8.2.7?
> > current_timestamp is still using EST, but the date command run from the
> > command line is correctly returning EDT
>
> Works for me ... what have you got TimeZone set to?

Weirdly, I'm getting the right offsets, but my timezone in pgsql is
navajo... For the OS it's America/Denver like I set it. And there's
no timezone set in postgresql.conf.

My OS is set to Denver, but was set to Chicago before that. Am
running ubuntu 7.10.

No idea if this is normal. But seeing as this is a laptop and it got
the DST change right I'm not really worried about. Just thought I'd
post it in this thread in case it looks worse to you than it does to
me...