Re: Is there a parameter to tell postgresql to not attempt to open an IPv6 socket?

From: yann(dot)dubost(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is there a parameter to tell postgresql to not attempt to open an IPv6 socket?
Date: 2008-09-29 13:41:33
Lists: pgsql-general

On 16 sep, 23:04, a(dot)(dot)(dot)(at)commandprompt(dot)com (Andrew Sullivan) wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 04:46:37PM -0400, Reid.Thompson wrote:
> > PostgreSQL appears to all intents to startup fine on the UNIX and IPv4
> > sockets.  Is there a parameter to tell postgresql tonotattempt to open
> > anIPv6socket?
>
> Specify the specific TCP/IP interfaces in the postmaster.conf file.
> Otherwise, Postgres will try tobindto all the sockets.  There's
> something hinkey about theIPv6support in AIX, IIRC, so that you end
> up with this symptom.

> --
> Andrew Sullivan
> a(dot)(dot)(dot)(at)commandprompt(dot)com
> +1 503 667 4564 x104http://www.commandprompt.com/
>
> --

Hello,

I have the same pb. I have looked for a postmaster.conf file but there
is none on the server.
Apart from the doc and src files, the only files on my server
containing the word "postmaster" are :
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster
$PGDATA/postmaster.opts
$PGDATA/postmaster.pid

Do you have an idea why and how then to solve this pb ?

Thanks,

Yann.