Re: It is not documented that pg_promote can exit standby mode

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: ikedamsh <ikedamsh(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: It is not documented that pg_promote can exit standby mode
Date: 2020-04-20 11:38:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2020/04/18 2:46, Tom Lane wrote:
> Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com> writes:
>> Thanks for the report and the patch! It looks good to me.
>> Barring any objection, I will commit this patch.
>
> It might be worth writing "<function>pg_promote()</function> is called"
> (adding parentheses) to make it clearer that a function is being
> referred to. No objection otherwise.

Yes. Also Masahiro-san reported me, off-list, that there are other places
where pg_promote is mentioned without parentheses. I think it's better to
add parentheses there. Attached is the updated version of the patch.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-fix-doc-about-the-way-to-exit-standby-mode_v2.patch text/plain 2.3 KB