Need suggestion to restructure a database....

From: "P Kapat" <kap4lin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need suggestion to restructure a database....
Date: 2008-12-31 20:28:16
Lists: pgsql-novice

Setup: Postgres 8.1.11 on RedHat EL 5 with only one (password
protected) user: me and this machine does not have a web server. So,
the security issues can be a little bit relaxed!!

I have a bunch of tables which are divided to 4 groups based on some
criteria. So, I was using four different databases. I now have
realized that this is the wrong approach and one should use four
schemas instead. So, I want to mend. Need suggestions, preferably with
codes (either pgsql / linux / pgAdmin3 GUI instructions):

I have created four schemas inside the main db, say scha, schb, schc,
schd. The main db is named maindb, and the four dbs that I am using
currently are dba, dbb, dbc, dbd. maindb already has a public schema
with some tables and views and functions.

How do I transfer the tables,views,indexes,sequences,.... from dba to
scha (b,c,d will follow)?

--
Regards
PK