[libpq] columns binding?

From: Andro <andromede(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [libpq] columns binding?
Date: 2006-08-02 11:18:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

a while ago, a couple of threads talked about columns binding since
having to copy and convert the data out of libpq allocated PGresult*
into our own objects is quite inconvenient and could turn out to be
expensive as manipulating large amount of data.

Has there been any changes regarding libpq data retrieval method? I've
been looking into libpq API for a while now but I couldn't find
anything related to column binding. I guess the "resultset" method is
the only one, and that dramatically implies having data two times in
memory in case of developing a (database generic) API - using bindings
- on top of libpq. Is it really the only way of proceeding?

Thanks for help

Charles