DELETE FROM pg_description WHERE ...

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brsaweda(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DELETE FROM pg_description WHERE ...
Date: 2011-04-22 16:26:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi!

It is generally not advisable to write to system catalogs directly ...

However, I have a database with dozens of schemas and hundreds of
tables. There is a bunch of useless comments on columns I want to get
rid of, scattered all across the db. The fastest & easiest way would
be:

DELETE FROM pg_description WHERE description = 'My very special
totally useless comment.';

AFAICS, there are no side-effects. Are there any?

TIA!
Erwin Brandstetter