Re: Add LZ4 compression in pg_dump

From: gkokolatos(at)pm(dot)me
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Rachel Heaton <rachelmheaton(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Add LZ4 compression in pg_dump
Date: 2022-11-22 10:00:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

------- Original Message -------
On Monday, November 21st, 2022 at 12:13 AM, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 20, 2022 at 11:26:11AM -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
>
> > I think this patch record should be closed for now. You can re-open the
> > existing patch record once a patch is ready to be reviewed.
>

> Indeed. As of things are, this is just a dead entry in the CF which
> would be confusing. I have marked it as RwF.

Thank you for closing it.

For the record I am currently working on it simply unsure if I should submit
WIP patches and add noise to the list or wait until it is in a state that I
feel that the comments have been addressed.

A new version that I feel that is in a decent enough state for review should
be ready within this week. I am happy to drop the patch if you think I should
not work on it though.

Cheers,
//Georgios