Re: regression failure

From: "Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: regression failure
Date: 2005-06-24 02:14:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> writes

> Hmph. No obvious reason why that would be platform-dependent. Is it
> completely repeatable for you? (You might try the advice I just gave
> Dave Cramer: make distclean and rebuild to ensure you've got fully
> consistent bits ...)

I once noticed that there was something weird of Lock in win32 pg8.0.1. If
you have many connections work concurrently intensively(say contrib/pgbench)
and do fast shutdown in the middle, you will see an assertation failure
here:

if (lock->nRequested == 0)
{
/*
* We've just released the last lock, so garbage-collect the lock
* object.
*/
Assert(SHMQueueEmpty(&(lock->procLocks))); >>> here

The target lock is always 376(XactLockTableId) but there is no obvious
reason why this could happen. Now we removed 376, so everything looks ok.

Regards,
Qingqing