rationale behind quotes for camel case?

From: fluca1978(at)infinito(dot)it
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: rationale behind quotes for camel case?
Date: 2011-06-28 09:12:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

first of all I'm not expressing any critique against the use of quotes for
identifier expressed using camel case. However a lot of new postgresql users
seems to be unhappy with the use of quotes for camel case identifiers, so
I'd like to know what is the rationale behind it. I mean, is a feature of
the partser or is a need for it to work? Anyone can point me to an
explaination?

Thanks,

Luca