Re: generating bootstrap entries for array types

From: ilmari(at)ilmari(dot)org (Dagfinn Ilmari =?utf-8?Q?Manns=C3=A5ker?=)
To: John Naylor <jcnaylor(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: generating bootstrap entries for array types
Date: 2018-09-20 11:53:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi again John,

ilmari(at)ilmari(dot)org (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker) writes:

> Doing this in genbki.pl makes DBD::Pg lose its array type information,
> since it uses Catalog::ParseData() to get it
> (https://github.com/bucardo/dbdpg/blob/master/types.c#L439). May I
> suggest moving gen_array_types() to Catalog.pm and calling it from
> ParseData() if the input file is pg_type.dat, so that it always returns
> complete data?

Attached is a proposed revision of this patch that does the above. It
passes check-world, reformat_dat_file.pl still works, and DBD::Pg is
still able to get the array type information.

Thanks,

- ilmari
--
"I use RMS as a guide in the same way that a boat captain would use
a lighthouse. It's good to know where it is, but you generally

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Generate-bootstrap-entries-for-array-types.patch text/x-diff 56.4 KB