Re: Does PostgreSQL support debian Linux on Arm CPU Platform?

From: ilmari(at)ilmari(dot)org (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker )
To: <gc_11(at)sina(dot)cn>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Does PostgreSQL support debian Linux on Arm CPU Platform?
Date: 2019-09-10 10:08:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

<gc_11(at)sina(dot)cn> writes:

> Hi,I just want know does PostgreSQL support debian Linux with ARM CPU Platform,Thank you!

The PostgreSQL community provided packages (https://apt.postgresql.org/)
are only built for amd64, i386 and ppc64el, but Debian itself ships
PostgreSQL on every architecture it supports.

Each Debian release only ships one major version of PostgreSQL (the
current stable release has PostgreSQL 11), but if you need other
versions you could build them from the apt.postgresql.org source
packages.

- ilmari
--
- Twitter seems more influential [than blogs] in the 'gets reported in
the mainstream press' sense at least. - Matt McLeod