Re: Further UTF8/MIME fixes for the commitfest app

From: ilmari(at)ilmari(dot)org (Dagfinn Ilmari =?utf-8?Q?Manns=C3=A5ker?=)
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW list <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Further UTF8/MIME fixes for the commitfest app
Date: 2017-03-02 01:41:47
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi again,

ilmari(at)ilmari(dot)org (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsker) writes:

> #2 MIME-decodes headers received from the mailing list archive JSON API
[ ]
> Note that the MIME decoding only works properly if running under Python
> 3; the Python 2 version of email.header.decode_header() has broken
> detection of the end of encoded-words.

I just noticed that the mailing list archive suffers from the same
problem, and not for all MIME-encoded headers, only the ones affected by
the above bug. Switching load_message.py to using Python 3 (and running
reparse_message.py) might be enough to fix it.

Cheers,

ilmari

--
- Twitter seems more influential [than blogs] in the 'gets reported in
the mainstream press' sense at least. - Matt McLeod