odbc error, operator does not exist

From: "c k" <shreeseva(dot)learning(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: odbc error, operator does not exist
Date: 2008-08-23 18:05:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello all,

As I am testing our old mysql based erp app., on postgresql with most of
things are as they are in MySQL db with PG 8.3, Unicode ODBC driver and
Access 2003, I got this error:
ODBC -call failed. Operator does not exist: date < numeric;error while
executing the query. This error does not comes when we use mysql. and we are
not using any type server based views, stored procs ec. for this. This error
comes when I use a dlookup function to check whether date field is less than
a form value. It seems that this will be an ODBC driver problem to not cast
the value properly. Please give the solution and the details.
Thanks,
CPK