server closed connection on a select query

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(dot)lelarge(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: server closed connection on a select query
Date: 2005-11-10 17:06:34
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

I've installed a 8.1.0 PostgreSQL server on a SCO OpenServer 5.0.6. It
seemed to work well with psql and such tools. I tried to connect to
this server with pgAdmin3 and a query failed. I tried to find which
part of the query was wrong and I have a strange result :

SELECT 1 FROM pg_language WHERE lanispl IS TRUE;
this one crashes the server.

SELECT 1 FROM pg_language WHERE lanispl = true;
works.

It seemed to me that "IS TRUE" is the culprit so I tried something else
SELECT lanispl IS TRUE FROM pg_language;
and it works.

If I create a table for testing purpose, I can add a where clause with
"IS TRUE".

This behavior happens on another server (SCO too) but not on any Linux
that I tried. I've attached the patch I apply to be able to build
PostgreSQL on SCO OpenServer. I'm not 100% sure it isn't faulty.

Did something like this already happened to someone ? Do you know of
any test I can do ?

Regards.

--
Guillaume.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg810.patch application/octet-stream 3.8 KB